January 18, 2007

Not a Tomboy, Not Yet a Woman

Oh god. After being frustrating with my bushy eyebrows--they remind me of Andy Rooney's only mine aren't grey--I decided to take drastic measures. By which I mean I pulled out a hair-waxing kit I bought years ago in hopes of waxing my legs (I never did) and decided to give this eyebrow thing a go.

I've attempted, at times, to pluck away the extra hairs but the only shape I seem to get resembles small catapillars crawling across my forehead. I figured with wax I'd be able to get a bit of an arch.

At least I didn't take off an entire eyebrow, that's all I can say.

The catapillars are noticably smaller but there's no arch and now my forehead stings. I don't think I'll ever get the hang of this "being girly" thing. I still cannot really walk in heels, I own more video games than pairs of shoes, and no matter how many episodes of What Not to Wear I watch, I still don't know how to dress myself..

Well, now I've tried wax. Practice makes perfect, I supose. Baby steps, Lady, baby steps.

1 comment:

Red Photography said...

Or you could go to my boy Kenneth at Blue Mercury in Dupont. He's an angel and is really good at not taking too much off. He's also tactful and never asks if I want him to do my mustache too.