January 25, 2007

Ennui and Amour

Or, Pretenious French Words In Leiu of a Title

After sorting through e-mails on OKCupid.com, I got annoyed and changed my status from "single" to "Seeing someone". (I couldn't find a way to just make my profile invisible and I can't bring myself to delete it since I do plan to use it eventually and don't want to rewrite it.) I think I'll just keep it that way for a week or two until I'm ready to commit to dating again. Right now there's just too much going on and I can't stir up interest in any of the guys who've contacted me. One was funny and joked about history, which I love, but honestly I'm not in a good position to go out blind (or online) dating right now. There's a health issue that's making that difficult for the duration of February and I'm just not into it.

PS, guys, don't show photos of you grabbing anything near your crotch if you want a date at all. This includes salamis, beer bottles, or your actual cock in your boxers. It's not cute or flattering.

But, there is a guy I like! Yes,
really! There's a guy in one of my classes, I'll call him Virginia, that I have a teensy crush on. He's from Virginia, as the name implies, and is opinionated and loves politics. A Southerner, he's still bitter about the Civil War but not because he's racist - because he contends that it's all about States Rights and the minute the South lost, the Nation lost some of its principles. Why I find this endearing is anyone's guess. He's got a good sense of humor and seems interesting. "Don't make him a friend," MartiniFriend warned me at the bar the other night. "Just flirt until you two are making out." Easier said than done, of course.

I am a bit hungover today from said night of drinking with MartiniFriend. Beer should be calorie-free and healthy like tea. Wouldn't that be fantastic?

No comments: