January 8, 2007

The Nerve of It All

So I was under this misconception that Nerve.com is free, which it is sort of. Except you have to pay if you want it to do you any good. Which is a bummer because thanks to tuition (high) and my rent's sudden increase last month, I don't have a lot of extra cash for dating sites. Hopefully I'll pay for one or two sites in March but for now, I am stuck going the free route.

Luckily, one of the guys in one of my classes seems to like me. I don't know if it's because my pores seem to sweat beer or if I just have an aura of awesome, but there you go. He's been talking to me in class a lot. A pal met me at school to go do our homework and she saw him checking me out. That makes me happy.

As for Nerve, it lets me search with a free account but only gives me 30 results - only 4 of which have photos. Call me shallow but I want a picture. Blind dating is one thing, internet dating requires photos to prove that you are at least 80% of who you claim to be. I've gotten one e-mail that made a joke of my profile, and one wink. I am bad at this game.

No comments: