February 22, 2007

Celibate By Circumstance, Not Choice

I have not had sex in a long, long time. I'm sure I've set some sort of record broken only by Saints. It's bad. And I cannot stop lusting after Virginia.

He is a few years my senior, has spent lots of time bouncing around Community Colleges (as have I) and has even done a stint in the military (usually I hate military guys because, sadly, they fall into that bald-aggressive stereotype). He's a bit too Southern, being from the state whose motto John Wilkes Booth shouted after shooting Lincoln ("Sic Semper Tyrannis!"). And yet he's not racist, just a bit... stubborn. He believes in State's Rights and Free Speech, neither which I can disagree with until we hit the point about the Civil War, where these ideas clash. I'm a fan of Lincoln, by the way.

Never mind the politics. Virginia's fuse is short. I've seem him lose it, irrationally, a few times, and I've only known him for two months. He's a bit over-serious, a bit too emotional. I'm a woman, therefore I'm irrational and emotional thanks to hormones*, and I don't need that in a boyfriend. Besides which, I just don't see our interests intersecting enough to ever have anything.

And yet all day yesterday all I wanted to do was pin him to the ground and screw his brains out.

While that opportunity has not presented itself, I'm quite sure he'd be the type of guy I could sleep with casually. But it hasn't. And I'm too much of a pussy to intiate that sort of thing, especially since I have to see him at school. But I've caught him checking me out several times. He's flirty in that "I'm making excuses to talk to you but not going to admit it" way that some of the more timid guys seem to be. Sadly I'm just as pathetic and middle school in all my romantic pursuits and it's likely no one will make a move, not even for drinks and meaningless sex.

Maybe I just need to invest in a good vibrator.


*I don't know how it is for the rest of you ladies, but it's been suggested that perhaps I suffer an imbalance that worsens my PMS symptoms, though I've never had this officially checked out. This is a great topic for another post, actually.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's with hating on the great state of Virginia, Sic Semper Tyrannis is a neato state motto! It beats By and by (how totally Pacific coast, by the way, is there anything you guys take seriously) Anyhoo, I advise against the casual hookup, since it seems like all you like is this guys hardbody. You just wouldn't respect yourself afterwords. Invest in the viberator and keep looking for someone who is a better match.

Lady Latte said...

I don't hate Virginia, I love it! It's gorgeous. It's just that people from there (and South Carolina) are still pretty touchy about the Civil War and the Federal government. Not everyone but a lot of people I've met . I'm a history minor so the topic comes up a lot in classes and also, I love debating history. One of the first conversations I had with Virginia was about Lincoln (whom he hates and I love) and how the Civil War was when the nation starting spiraling into the out of control power house it is today. I disagree (for a while Presidents got weaker after the war) but I digress. The point is, I have a huge Lincoln Memorial poster in my apartment - so bringing home a guy who really dislikes the 16th President might be awkward.

It was a statement more about Virginia the guy than the State itself. And I agree our motto "Alkai" is super lame. But I blame Charles Yesler for that one. :P

He's not uber-fit or anything, by the way. A bit pudgy, really, but cute in that endearing way.

Sorry, I write a lot of these blog posts when I'm drunk. So if they're disjointed or nonsensical it's because I logged on the net after throwing back a few too many at the bar.

Milwaukee Girl said...

Don't invest in just one, invest in at least two. That way, when you need to mix it up it works nicely - and trust me, this is coming from a girl who went on a 2 year hiatous. Although, I also have to admit that taking control for a just-sex relationship is incredibly hot, you can become "that woman" that he talks about to his friend, very empowering for me at least, I don't mind being aggressive!