February 23, 2007

Back to the Regularly Scheduled Dating Blog

So OkCupid has been useless. The only emails I've received are lame missed-IM messages. I even tried to answer to one but the IM gadget thingy doesn't seem to work on my computer. It's probably better because I'd just get drunk and insult the idiots who IM me. "Hi, r u bored?" is a typical greeting. Most guys using stupid IM features on these types of sites either want to hook up immediately for a one-night stand or just want to talk dirty.

I made a brief attempt at mailing some of my matches myself, but most of the guys have pictures so close up they only show their eyes or are blurry and dark. I know it's shallow but if I can't even see your face, I'm not going to read a profile. If you're so hideous that you must lurk in the shadows like the Phantom of the Opera, get off the internet and go meet pissed-drunk girls at a bar.

What happened to the decent nerds on this site? Did they all pack up and move elsewhere? Maybe they all got girlfriends. Damn.

I still don't feel ambitious enough to throw down cash for Match or Nerve (besides, how to choose which site to go with?). Maybe next week.

PS: I am slow on the uptake but I just got Regina Spektor's album Begin to Hope and I have listened to the first song ("Fidelity") a hundred times on repeat. I'm the sort of person who finds a song, falls in love with it, and can't stop listening to it for weeks on end. I need that tee shirt that reads "Music is My Boyfriend" because it's true.


1 comment:

londongirl said...

try love and friends.com - free to use in a basic way (short messages) and the blokes are reasonably sane!