February 7, 2007

the joy of drinking (too much)

The older I get, the more hangovers strike me down like bolts of lightening from the hands of Dionysus himself. Wait, Zeus was the lightening guy right? Or was it Thor? My head is too fuzzy and pounding to bother looking it up.

I didn't even drink that much last night (well, not as much as I might have in other circumstances) and I was home by 11. Gone are the days when I could stay up with friends drinking pint after pint till 2 am, only to hop in the shower and get to work by 5 am, barely flinching. Now a drinking a pitcher--even followed by a few glasses of water and some asprin--leaves me feeling like a truck ran me over all day long. What happened to hangovers that faded by noon? What's this 12-hour crap? Aging sucks.

On a happy note, thanks Milwaukee Girl for the blog shout out! Welcome to all new visitors! Pull up chair, grab a cup of tea, and stay for a while. Just don't make a lot of noise, my hungover head can't take it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dreadful sorry to hear about the hang over. You get used to those if you live in Milwaukee, the bar capital of the galaxy. But they do get tougher to get over the older you get. It's a shame.

DarthImmortal said...

Hangovers eventually led to my early retirement from drinking too. I used to be able to drink a case of beer and not even notice but not anymore. One beer and I am asleep in the chair. Aging sucks.

Milwaukee Girl said...

Not a problem - love your blog :)

I'm feeling the aging as well, I've had to switch from hard liquor to beer just to hang out until 11 with my friends - egh. I still think my headache today is from Wednesday night ... but I'll still do it again tonight!

Cheers!