April 4, 2007

An Update - It All Floats On Okay

So I got an e-mail from Friend's Friend. For a day or so, I was afraid to open it, horrified at being scolding for "leading him on" and possibly using words like "slut" and "cock tease." But it was not that sort of e-mail.

He is obviously the more mature one.

In fact, the e-mail was nice. He says that he had fun and doesn't regret "liking me" or kissing me. He just regrets how defensively he acted, which honestly I don't remember. Pot + Booze = InstaBlackOut for me, so though I remember rejecting him, I don't remember his reaction being weird or defensive or odd.

I sent him a nice letter back, that I had fun too, and that booze and pot leads to random kissing and acting stupid, and apologized if I was a jerk.

Since he emphasized that he had a great time up until then, I'm hoping we can still be friends. And hey, who knows? Maybe in a year or so, I'll fall head over heels for him and by then he'll have a girlfriend and I'll be kicking myself. That'd be my luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who knows what might happen. Guys with similar interests tend to run in packs, so for all you know you may be a week away from running into his old buddy who happens to be your perfect match. I've seen it happen before; After all isn't spring the season for new romance?

Deb said...

I hate when men use the term 'cock tease' -----what happened to fun and innocent kissing, whether or not it leads to something else? It baffles me. Men expect way too much these days.