April 14, 2007

No News is Probably Good News

Between work and school, I haven't had time for male-related... well, anything. Except that creepy old bald guy who came in to the restaurant I work at with his friend after a jog, in sweaty jogging shorts, with sweat pooring out of his bald little head. Ick. Look, I love a good run/workout as much as anyone, but hit the showers, then the bistros. In that order. Seriously.

Since FF sent a text message
along with his infamous email that asked very casually "what's your week like?" I replied to that, and told him I was busy with School Project XYZ, to which he answered "boo" (but understood, as we'd discussed said project before and he knows I can't help but devote all my time to it). I didn't respond to his e-mail, which was sort of the full-length version of the text, since the text answered the e-mail's underlying question anyhow and another "no, busy this week," would be redundant.

BTW, can I just say that even if I liked this guy, the fact that he sent me both a text and an e-mail with the same content, I'd be a little annoyed at his overwhelming desperation to get ahold of me. Though the e-mail was more detailed and mentioned the word "date" whereas the text was vague, the idea that he couldn't wait for me to reply to one or the other and had to sent both is in itself a bit annoying.

Then again, if I really liked him, I'd probably take up my usual habit of thinking all his obnoxious traits were "cute" and "endearing" until I came to my senses months later.

The point is, I'm not replying to the e-mail. Next time he asks me out--assuming his sweetheart gay roommate doesn't read the e-mail and clue him in on the subtext--I'll be clear. "I don't like you that way," I'll say.

Anyhow, like I said, nothing new to report - except I am horrid at sticking to diets, especially with pizza in the room - but I was sick of starring at the same post.


Edit: Oh, and Kurt Vonnegut died. I wrote his obit for my school paper, but seriously, I am sadder to know he is no longer in this world. When Douglas Adams died, I carried a towel to school. Adams was young and that was sort of tragic; Vonnegut was old. And yet, he represented mindfulness and cleverness in a world gone mad; there is a literary gap without him. His books helped me get through high school. Slapstick, especially, and many of his short stories, were much-needed satires of the world. He was a champion for freedom of literature and admired librarians more than politicians, a trait I think more of us should emulate. He hated the semi-colon; I love it. So we can disagree on that. God Bless You, Mr. Vonnegut.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuck times ten! Who would go out to a resturant after a run without taking a shower first? That's disgusting!

The semi-colon.... Aqua Teen Hunger Force poke fun of it with their movie title.

Milwaukee Girl said...

"Then again, if I really liked him, I'd probably take up my usual habit of thinking all his obnoxious traits were "cute" and "endearing" until I came to my senses months later."

Aren't these stupid things so weird? Yuck!

Anonymous said...

You should post more.

Milwaukee Girl said...

Where are you???

Anonymous said...

You're taking this Kurt Vogenut thing a little hard.....

Milwaukee Girl said...

Are you still around? I miss reading!

Unknown said...

It takes a minute to find a special person. If you are in quest for a suitable mate .Go to this website that focuses on love, friendship, dating, and relationship; sign up, and start looking for your perfect match with a real-time chat facility.
persian online dating